Do you have experience with Data Analytics, Digital Process Automation and leadership – and do you dream of working in a global organization, with a strong mission to save human lives?
If YES, you may be the colleague we are looking for as our Analytics and Automation Manager in VIKING, Esbjerg.
VIKING Life-Saving Equipment is a global leader in maritime safety. We supply all the safety solutions our clients need to stay safe and compliant. Our range includes lifeboats, liferafts, evacuation systems, protective gear, firefighting equipment and all types of lifesaving appliances.
We also supply first-class safety training and service agreements. Our customers include commercial, cruise and ferry shipowners, offshore and defence operators, yacht owners and commercial fishing vessel owners worldwide.
About the position
VIKING’s Digital Department comprises 45 dedicated colleagues, located in Denmark, Thailand, Bulgaria, Singapore, India, China and Norway. We are responsible for VIKING’s global IT environment, using SAP, Microsoft and Service Now as our major platforms.
Right now, we are looking for an experienced Analytics and Automation Manager, to join our team. You will be located at VIKING headquarters in Esbjerg, Denmark with direct report to our Senior Digital Director.
The Analytics and Automation Manager will be heading the Analytics and Automation team of 3 in Esbjerg. The main responsibility is to manage the team and be in charge of forming VIKING’s Digital Automation strategy using AI/ML and other tools.
We are currently establishing a new IT Hub in Chennai, India, and the new Analytics and Automation Manager will also in collaboration with the Manager in India, be in charge of extending the team in Esbjerg, with resources in Chennai.
Your primary responsibilities includes;
- Managing IT staff, including hiring, direct supervision, facilitating collaboration among departments and managing employee concerns and performance
- IT architecture for data management including SAP BW and Microsoft Synapse
- IT architecture for automation including RPA and AI/ML
- Coordinating and participating in team tasks, such as development and maintenance of reporting in PowerBI and BW as well as AI and RPA solutions.
- Preparing financial budgets and presenting proposals to executives and stakeholders
- Working with external vendors and advisors
- Possess strong leadership and problem-solving skills to handle employees in own team as well as a wide range of stakeholders in VIKING’s global organization
- Making sure that the projects and change requests are prioritized through relevant governance boards
- Responsible for handling performance appraisals of the team members and ensuring their progress, along with the HR Manager
- As part of the Global IT Management team take part in developing and implementing VIKING’s digital strategy
You should expect 40-50 global travel days per year, including some trips to India.
The ideal person has experience within Data Management, BI, AI/ML or related disciplines and from managing a small team.
Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and coordinate process and strategy among various other managers and departments.
Experience working in a global organization is preferred.
- Master’s Degree in a related field such as computer science, engineering or management information systems
- VIKING’s main platforms are SAP, Microsoft and Service Now. The ideal person has a strong experience working with at least two of these platforms
- Ability to prioritize budgeting, problem solving, policy setting, business analysis, team leadership skills, and vendor management
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
- Excellent business judgement, analytical, and decision-making skills
Five leadership principles guide our VIKING leaders to create strong, sustainable results and engaged employees. Therefore, it is of course important that you identify with the principles and are motivated to achieve our common goals. Read more about our approach to leadership:
Since our corporate language is English, you have great English skills – both written and orally. Knowledge of Danish is an advantage, but not a requirement.
The desired person already lives in Denmark and is interested in an outgoing position, where the work is primarily carried out at VIKING headquarters in Esbjerg.
We have a flexible approach to homework, which is agreed on an individual basis within the framework of the position and current policy.
We offer an attractive position where you will have the opportunity to develop yourself in cooperation with colleagues who value humor, job satisfaction, and a great work environment.
VIKING is a global workplace where the majority of our activities address the whole world. We have a strong culture and give space to the individual – we know everybody contribute with something special. We therefore invest in our employees and offer unique career opportunities in an international organization.