Do you want to be part of a team developing warehouse solutions that play a key part in the development of the financial markets? Every single day, VP Securities facilitate more than 70.000 securities transactions. We handle vast amounts of data, and we are in a unique position as an infrastructure provider for the financial markets in Denmark. Our solutions need to be best in class – and now, you have the chance to challenge yourself with us.
Are you passionate about data and the value it brings when it is brought to life?
At VP, we are looking for a Data Warehouse Developer who also has an ambition to design the ins and outs of a modern data warehouse.
Can you see yourself in the following?
- You are a data warehouse developer by heart, who never stops learning.
- You have applied several design patterns, seen them fail, learned from it, and made them better.
- You see complex business logic as an interesting challenge and take pride in ensuring the solutions compatibility with the existing architecture.
- You are thrilled by the challenge of taking responsibility for the data warehouse architecture.
- You have the skills and capacity to ensure that the work of others comply with the architecture and you ensure this by guidance as well as reviews.
- You are determined to stay updated on new technologies that will shape the future of our data solution.
Collaboration across the entire business
You will be part of a small Data Team who develop and maintain the data warehouse platform and you will work closely with a product owner and a data scientist, as well as other stakeholders in business and IT.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Set the standards for development.
- Make an architecture strategy and a roadmap to get there.
- Model/develop/build solutions for the business needs.
- Maintain and optimize the data warehouse solution.
- Validate data for data science approach.
- Use your knowledge and skills to educate others.
- Ensure quality in the solution.
- Ensure documentation and tests live up to VP requirements.
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations.
Technologies in play
The data warehouse is build using Microsoft Technology (SQL Server, Integration Services, Cubes) with a Qlik Sense server on top for reporting and dashboards.
Skills and Qualifications
- You may have a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree, but that is not as important as your experience with BI development
- A solid knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and the Microsoft BI stack is required
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and services – e.g. Microsoft Azure and Databricks – and an interest in driving the discussion on when and how cloud services should be used
- An ability to work independently, while also being a team player
- Fluent in English for reading, writing, and speaking