EIT Urban Mobility, an initiative by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), acts to accelerate change on making urban spaces more liveable. Since 2019 we have been working to encourage positive changes in the way people move around cities. We aim to become the largest European initiative transforming urban mobility. Perhaps you want to join us?
About the job
The Innovation Hub North Manager has an important role for managing the Innovation Hub and contribute to the development of the strategy and operations of EIT Urban Mobility. Your job is to develop, lead and actively support our partner community, establish and maintain different business processes linked to Innovation Hub operations and support the management of Innovation Hub budgets.
Besides the managerial tasks of delivering business plans in accordance with the mission of the organisation, the job requires a lot of different things of which a few important ones are:
- Networking with previous and new partners, representation and positioning.
- Facilitating knowledge exchange and different kinds of collaboration and stimulate new constellations of cooperation across Europe
- Establish and ensure strong relationships with stakeholders in all regions covered by the Innovation Hub and to engage them into participating in our activities.
- Coordinating EIT Urban Mobility’s living lab and test-bed environments through local Innovation Hub contacts ensuring access for companies and projects of all sizes.
The IH North Manager will be based in Copenhagen or Stockholm.
Frequent travel between the main work locations (Copenhagen, Stockholm), other locations in the Nordic region as well as the EIT Urban Mobility Headquarter in Barcelona is expected.
The person we are looking for?
We put a high value on your individual qualities and we are looking for someone who strives for making a difference together with other people. You like to network and have a background in innovation and/or entrepreneurship.
To be fit for this role, the candidate should:
- have excellent communication skills
- have both good analytical and strategic skills
- be able to create an enjoyable and open atmosphere in small and large group settings
- be able and comfortable liaising with stakeholders on all levels, from technical to highest decision-making level
- be highly committed
- enjoy collaborating across departments in a matrix organization
- have proven capabilities in event organization for different types of stakeholders;
- Excellent written and spoken English & Danish or Swedish (corresponding to at least C1 level). Additional Nordic language(s) a plus (e.g. Finnish, Nowegian)
We also want you to have:
- Relevant work experience of at least 10 years
- Work experience of at least 5 years in the mobility sector.
- At least 2 years of experience as Manager of a team.
- Completed Business or Engineering Masters’ degree or three years of equivalent professional experience. At least 5 years of project management experience, in particular in the management of innovation and community building.
- Excellent written and spoken English & Danish or Swedish (corresponding to at least C1 level). Additional Nordic language(s) a plus (e.g. Finnish, Norwegian)
The ideal candidate will have professional experience in:
- transport or urban mobility planning
- working with local and/or regional authorities.
- setting up and running multi-stakeholder partnerships.
Other experiences that would be considered as a plus:
- Experience in public calls at local, regional, national, European and international level (identification of grants and funding opportunities, building up consortiums with different kinds of stakeholders, drafting and submitting proposals.
- Experience with EIT Knowledge and Innovation Communities.
- Knowledge in working with academic, industry and / or city partners;
- Experience with EIT KICs and EU-programs
- Experience working with international projects
Want to learn more?
Activities are carried out by partner institutions that are allocated to five Innovation Hubs. The objective of the Innovation Hubs is to create a vibrant innovation ecosystem, ensuring effective knowledge and activity management and prominent regional visibility. The Innovation Hubs coordinate local and regional activities of EIT Urban Mobility and the network of partners and stakeholders involved in their Innovation Hub region. The five Innovation Hubs work closely together to achieve the goals and mission of the EIT Urban Mobility.
We constantly strive to identify gaps in our partnership and search for partners which add value and will help EIT Urban Mobility to deliver on its strategic objectives as defined in the strategic agenda.
The Innovation hubs work closely with EIT Urban Mobility thematic areas (Academy, Business Creation and Innovation) and corporate functions like communications to support the implementation of the EIT UM strategy through activities in their geographical area.