Genmab is focused on the creation and development of innovative and differentiated antibody products, with the aim of improving the lives of cancer patients.
The CMC area of Genmab is growing and looking for a Subject Matter Expert (SME) – Downstream processing CMC Specialist (DSP) to join the CMC, Late Stage Manufacturing Development (LSMD) Team.
As the DSP SME, you will be part of a highly dedicated and specialized CMC team leading the late stage development activities of Genmab’s proprietary antibody pipeline programs towards marketing approval (BLA/MAA).
The SME will work across project teams to support the CMC Project Managers and work closely with other SMEs for e.g. upstream processing, analytical validation and product characterization as well as with relevant SMEs within jointly developed partner programs.
The SME will be responsible for the following:
- Late stage Downstream Processing strategies on ongoing projects
- Defining the scope for the late stage downstream development activities together with our CMO’s and partners according to latest industry standards and regulatory guidance
- Oversight of DSP manufacturing, characterization, and validation activities performed at partnered CMO’s e.g. trouble shooting, process characterization or process performance qualification
- Preparation/review of technical documents including development/tech transfer reports, batch records, SOPs
- Authoring and review of CMC regulatory DSP submissions documents
- Working closely with upstream processing SME’s to develop late stage development manufacturing process strategies
- Being the Genmab representative at the CMO during pre-approval inspections for DSP topics
- Support defining/refining required processes for DSP activities
- It is expected that you have a master’s degree in natural science, pharmacy or similar
- You have at least 5-10 years of documented professional experience from the CMC area, preferable from late stage development
- You have a thorough understanding and overview of downstream processes together with an in-depth knowledge of downstream process characterization, risk assessment and validation activities
- You preferable have active and recent experience within downstream processing development and DOE for biologics/monoclonal antibodies from a phase II/III program
- It is preferred that you have experience in preparing and reviewing relevant filing documentation for regulatory market authorizations
- Excellent communication skills in English written and oral
Moreover, you meet the following professional requirements:
- You are focused on achieving goals that are important for the team and our organization
- You have the ability to work successfully under pressure in a fast-paced environment and with tight timeline
- You are pro-active, take initiative, and responsibility
- You are a team player with demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
- With your positive attitude, you enjoy working in multicultural teams inside and outside of Genmab
Genmab will offer the successful application a challenging position, where the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly specialised people across functions in an informal, multicultural environment, with an aim to make a difference in the lives of people with cancer.
At Genmab, we pride ourselves on our unique culture. We are committed to make a positive impact on the lives of cancer patients. We hypothesize and experiment to seek innovative solutions, no matter the employee’s role; we speak up, empower each other, and embrace change and growth; we respect and celebrate our differences while working as one team. Teamwork and respect are central pillars of Genmab’s culture and we therefore ensure an inclusive, open, and supportive professional work environment across our international locations. Genmab employees work with determination, challenge the status quo and cultivate a growth mindset in everything we do.
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.