Searching for a job that makes a difference? Come and help to change the world with us.
Greenpeace Nordic is looking for a Finance Analyst to provide the management with financial information relevant for decision making on all financial matters of the organisation. Through high-level analytical skills and a solid understanding of financial reporting tools, you will contribute to developing and implementing reporting cycles, as well as information flow mechanisms that provide an accurate picture on Greenpeace Nordic’s (GP Nordic) financial resources and assets.
About the position
This is a unique opportunity for you to experience the thrill and meaningfulness of working with a group of people who are passionate and highly engaged in leading the change the world needs for a greener and more peaceful future.
As a member of the Finance team, the Finance Analyst carries out tasks related with the production of financial reports at both the regional and local levels, as well as with improving the systems and platforms used for producing such reports.
The above implies getting involved in tendering software vendors, developing code for macros, SQL queries and other forms of report automation. Thereby, this position has a close interaction with software developing representatives, consultants or other external parties. Other interactions may include the relevant units at Greenpeace International (GPI), particularly the Global Finance System team at the International Finance Unit; all other GP Nordic units; and miscellaneous external parties such as auditors, governmental staff, amongst others.
- Internal reporting: Produce the financial information required for internal Greenpeace Nordic reporting, both regularly (i.e. monthly, quarterly and annually) and on-demand. Ensure the production of financial reports complying with the timelines indicated in the International Finance Calendar.
- Global reporting: Compile all the financial reports required by Greenpeace International as per the Greenpeace Management and Reporting Standards.
- Historical Analyses and Projections: Compile all the financial reports required by Greenpeace International as per the Greenpeace Management and Reporting Standards.
- Systems development: Identify the processes and technology required to improve efficiency in the Finance unit and for other users of financial data. Tender and evaluate the vendors in the market offering the relevant technological solutions and propose them to the management for decision-making. Plan and execute implementation roadmaps, including collection of user requirements, development, testing and retrospective evaluations. Consider the potential risks that may be attached to any new systems and propose mitigation plans.
- User support: Answer user enquiries related with our financial tools, and solve them accordingly. Facilitate internal training sessions to end users on the financial tools implemented.
- Processes Automation: Assist in automating work processes in the Finance department. This could be done through VBA macros, Access, SQL, or any other technologies.
- Confidentiality and diligent handling of data: The Finance Analyst, by the nature of the role, has access to confidential and sensitive information. Thereby this role has the responsibility of holding a high standard of cybersecurity, confidentiality and discretion.
What will you need to succeed?
We believe you identify with Greenpeace goals and support Greenpeace values. We also believe you are able to communicate effectively with colleagues in order to support and advice staff as to how to use the tools and information provided and are a
team player. You build constructive and long-term relationships with all parties involved in the job. Achievement towards measurable objectives both individually and as part of the team. You have excellent problem solving skills and demonstrates high integrity and professionalism. You are also capable of working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Understand accounting principles, both as per local regulations and as per Greenpeace’s standards, and apply them into analyses of our financial position.
- Proficiency in accounting software and MS Office applications, particularly in Excel.
- Proficiency in relational databases and applications to manage them and extract analyses from, e.g. Access, SQL, Google Cloud, Civis, Tableau.
- Presentation and reporting skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and preferably a nordic language.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NGO sector.
- We will place great importance on the personal suitability of the candidate.
Requisite Education and Experience
- Minimum five years of accounting and financial analytics working experience.
- Accounting, Business Administration or Technology degree at bachelor’s level or in similar managerial and economics disciplines.
More about the job
It is a nordic role and placement could be either Helsinki, Copenhagen or Oslo. The position is a permanent employment, starting with a probation period.
More about us
Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action. Our volunteers, activists, and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future. With creative local actions for the planet, they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large. Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that
encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or
practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or
marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected