Are you motivated by managing and analyzing financial data to provide valuable insights and support decision-making within an organization?
Do you want to work in an global company with a clear purpose of saving lives and having ambitious goals for the foreseeable future?
If YES, then keep reading because we are looking for a Financial Specialist to join VIKING.
At VIKING, we live by saving lives. We are proud to be a world leading supplier of safety products, solutions, and services to the global maritime industry. Safety is the core in everything we do and our mission to protect and save human lives.
Put your skills in action
VIKING’s Global Finance Department comprises 80 dedicated colleagues, located in Denmark and in Global Business Support in Bulgaria. We are overall responsible for VIKING’s financial reporting, using SAP as our major ERP platform.
We have an ambitious business plan, and right now, we are looking for an a highly skilled and passionate Finance Specialist to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with interest and expertise in SAP, financial processes and with a strong analytical mindset.
As Finance Specialist, you will report to the Finance Director and you will be located at the VIKING headquarters in Esbjerg and work with many different aspects within Finance.
Your daily tasks would also cover:
- Project participation – ensuring accurate cost allocations and monitoring project progress.
- Perform costing runs to support accurate project evaluations and effective resource allocation.
- Conduct variance analysis to identify and explain deviations from budget or forecast.
- Perform product/segment split analysis to determine profitability and cost allocation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and analyze data, provide insights, and support decision-making.
- Develop and maintain financial models, reports, and dashboards to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Facilitate implementation for automation solutions within SAP to streamline operations.
- Conduct deep dives into complex financial data, performing variance analysis to identify trends, outliers, and cost-saving opportunities.
In this job, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with senior stakeholders, gain insights into the business, and become a trusted partner in our global organisation.
Do you have what it takes?
You have an educational background in finance, accounting, business administration or similar at a master’s degree level.
On the professional side we expect that you have minimum 5 years’ experience as an ERP (preferably SAP) financial expert, hence a deep understanding of the system’s functionalities and modules relevant to finance.
We also expect that you are experienced in conducting complex data analysis, variance analysis, financial modeling and reporting.
Furthermore you have;
- A passion for ERP systems (preferably SAP) and manage to navigate in various areas of an ERP (preferably SAP system).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- A detail-oriented mindset with a focus on accuracy and data integrity.
- The ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and global environment.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex financial concepts to stakeholders in Danish and in English.
We also expect that you always stay updated with ERP (preferably SAP) system enhancements, ensuring optimal utilization for financial reporting and analysis.
We will, of course, ensure that you receive thorough training and when you are fully on board, the position will offer opportunities for both professional and personal development.
You must expect a limited number (0-15) of global travel days per year.
We have a flexible approach to homework, which is agreed on an individual basis within the framework of the position and current policy.
We offer a competitive salary package, and an attractive position where you will have the opportunity to develop yourself in cooperation with colleagues who value humor, job satisfaction, and a great work environment.
VIKING is a global workplace where the majority of our activities address the whole world. We have a strong culture and give space to the individual – we know everybody contribute with something special. We therefore invest in our employees and offer unique career opportunities in an international organization.