ABOUT EIT URBAN MOBILITY
EIT Urban Mobility, supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), acts to accelerate positive change on mobility to make urban spaces more liveable.
EIT Urban Mobility is an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT). Since January 2019 we have been working to encourage positive changes in the way people move around cities in order to make them more liveable places. We aim to become the largest European initiative in transforming urban mobility.
Activities are carried out by partner institutions that are allocated to five Innovation Hubs. The objective of the Innovation Hubs is to create a vibrant innovation ecosystem, ensuring effective knowledge and activity management and prominent regional visibility. The Innovation Hubs coordinate local and regional activities of EIT Urban Mobility and the network with the core partners and other parties involved in their Innovation Hub region. The five Innovation Hubs work closely together to achieve the goals and mission of the EIT Urban Mobility.
About the job
The Partner Development Officer supports the Head of Innovation Hub in managing the partnership community and wider eco-system in the countries covered by Innovation Hub West (Netherland, Belgium, UK and North of France). As partner development officer, your key responsibility is to engage the partners, to retain them within the community and grow and expand their involvement with EIT Urban Mobility activities.
More specifically, the position encompasses the overall responsibility for the partner management lifecycle of EIT Urban Mobility.
You will contribute to strengthening EIT Urban Mobility’s partnership and stakeholders by increasing the awareness, visibility and understanding of EIT Urban Mobility’s activities, results and achievements .
Your responsibility is to develop the EIT Urban Mobility partnership at the Innovation Hub level. This includes, but is not limited to:
Strategy & Business Development – Develop and strengthen partnerships and strategic stakeholder relations:
- Develop & nurture partner relationships & create strategies to increase value for partners & EIT Urban Mobility
- Identify pain points impacting partners & develop action plans with cross-functional EIT Urban Mobility stakeholders
- Identify new opportunities to create value for partners by working across the organisation
- Support Hub Director / Head of IH to develop strategies to retain current partners & upsell additional services
- Support Head of Innovation Hub to capture new partners & identifying needs of the potential partners.
- Management of leads process in the Hubs in coordination with Head of IH
- Hold regular account review meetings with partners to understand needs and maximise the value EIT Urban Mobility can deliver for them, acting as the internal ‘voice’ of our partners
Community Development – Create engagement & value for partners and potential partners and develop the regional partner community through engagement across EIT Urban Mobility:
- Build the regional network of partners from cities, industry, academia, research
- Support Head of IH to identify relevant stakeholders in the region and establish potential to collaborate with them
- Manage partner review process, share insights about partner pain points and track progress of implementing actions
- Measure & implement activities to improve partner satisfaction
- Develop & manage activities to engage the partner community incl. monthly engagement calls
- Work with comms & marketing to develop content for the partner engagement calls
The position is based in the Netherland (Amsterdam or Eindhoven).
Permanent and full-time position, with possibility to homework up to 2 days a week.
Some travel is expected.
No relocation expenses are assigned.
The person we are looking for?
We put a high value on your individual qualities, and we are looking for someone who strives for making a difference together with other people.
The ideal candidate would have:
- At least 5 years of project management experience, in particular in the management of innovation and community building.
- Experience in working in an international, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Well-developed communication skills
- Pro-active and self-starter attitude
- Independent worker but team player
To be a fit for this role:
An ideal candidate will strive to generate positive environmental and social impact in line with EIT Urban Mobility’s mission. We are looking for individuals with a “can do” attitude, who are passionate about partner development.
- be a national of an EU Member State or have a working permit valid to work in The Netherlands;
- enjoy their full rights as citizens;
- meet the character requirements for the duties involved.
- Completed Business or Engineering Masters’ degree or three years of equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English (corresponding to at least C1 level). Additional relevant Hub community language is a plus.